A co-operative project between AB Achema and Ultrasound Institute
The objective of the project
To develop ultrasonic system for journal-bearing’s non-destructive testing. The testing principle is based on the influence of the adhesion quality on the amplitude of the ultrasonic signal, reflected from the interface between babbitt layer and main metal.
Main features of the developed bearings NDT system
- Completely automatic non-destructive testing;
- Complete acquisition of ultrasonic signals during testing process;
- The possibility of computerised analysis and storing of the test data;
- Convenient NDT reporting;
- Operating frequency 5-10 MHz.
- R.Kažys, L.Mažeika, R.Šliteris, A.Voleišis. Ultrasonic non-destructive testing of journal bearings. // Insight. ISSN 1354-2575. British inst. Non-destructive testing. Elsevier Science Ltd., Vol. 43, No 6 June 2001, pp. 385-389. /pdf/
- R.Kažys, L.Mažeika, A.Voleišis, R.Šliteris, K.Kundrotas, V.Augutis. Ultrasonic non-destructive testing system of journal bearings. NDTnet. May 1998. Vol.3. No.5. /pdf/
- R.Kažys, L.Mažeika, A.Voleišis, R.Šliteris, K.Kundrotas, V.Augutis. Ultrasonic non-destructive testing system of journal bearings. Ultragarsas. ISSN 1392-2114. 1997. Vol. 27. No. 1. p. 16-18. /Abstract/